Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Occam's Razor

Two words - scorched earth!!

Now is not the time let emotion govern any part of your actions. After you take care of business, then you can decide if the skank is worth saving. The back-to-back betrayals show a definitive lack of caring on her part.

Yea, it's hard to forget the good times. It's hard to forget what you had, but introspection and maudlin sorrow is no substitute for self-preservation.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
wanna buy a stripper pole

Send a message via Yahoo to KevinP73
Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
I have to admit that I've considered open carry when I show up there from time to time just so they don't get any ideas.
Todd, seriously. you walk up strapped and you think it won't give them the same idea? Surely you know better than that.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP73 View Post
Todd, seriously. you walk up strapped and you think it won't give them the same idea? Surely you know better than that.
I'm not going to walk up at all. More like just riding by and parking at my g/fs place. Letting them know that we're not just sitting ducks.

Not saying I've done it, but I have considered it. I've also considered buying a second safe and keeping one of my sigs at her place. The cops have been called numerous times, the son was taken away a few weeks ago, but the parents are evidently still dealing. The g/f was woken up at 4am by some tweakers tearing a dash out of their car parked in front of her house. Sucks...
Old 09-25-2008, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
Used User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNS View Post
You're letting her keep the ring... good, don't look back. Besides she'll need the ring for some quick cash later on. Harsh, I know.
I didn't finish reading all the posts, but this is most likely true. I'd watch the ads and pawn shops. I don't know if you could convince a pawn broker that the ring was "jointly" owned and get ti out of pawn, but I hope something works in your favor.

Meanwhile, you have my sympathies. I can feel your emptiness.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
17 years and 17k posts...

Garage
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911Rob View Post
Run away from her as fast as you can and count your lucky stars!
In 10 years she'll be a vague memory and not your ex-wife raising your kids or worse.

Sorry for your news, but be thankful, this women is pure evil.
Yep! Move on quickly and don't look back!
www.ford.com
Old 09-25-2008, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
Registered

I would go and talk to the cops about the situation. Not to get her into trouble, but to "document" what is going on. She she may come back later and pull some stunt like laying assalt charges against you and suggest if you make a cash payout to her she will drop the charges. You will be seen as a cash cow and all druggies need their cash cows. With the cops knowing the full story they can access the situation if she tries to lay charges against you.

Good luck and move on.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel n Toe View Post
Of course... he should expect it... that's classic addict modus operandi.
wrong, that's classic female modus operandi
Old 09-25-2008, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel n Toe View Post
1. Tell the repo man to take a buddy with him when he goes to get the car at 4 A.M.

2. Tell him to make as much noise as he can with the chains and the BEEP BEEP BEEP when his truck is in reverse.

3. When she comes out screaming at them to stop, hit her with a taser... the reason being that they were concerned she might attack them.

4. While she is lying on the ground wiggling like a worm in hot coals, they get the ring back for you. She won't remember a thing.

5. Take the repo man and his buddy out for steaks.
What he said ....
Old 09-25-2008, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
B58/732

Christ on a crutch, this thread is crazy.

Run, Forrest, run! Scorched earth policy is the best in this situation. Make sure you have all of your bases covered. Get tested, give the cops a sitrep, get a lawyer, change the accounts, change apts, cancel her phone, and get a liger. They're bigger than lions.

This is gonna be tough on you. Get help in dealing with it too.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
Banned

Garage
the ring is not yours
you gave it away

do not even mention it

besides that....

One ring to rule them all,
one ring to find them,
one ring to bring them all,
and in the darkness bind them.

Unbind yourself and forget about the ring.
or be controlled.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
A few things to know.

This is not going to go easy. You have many months here where you will have to "adjust" memories. You are going to go through things and figure out that this has been going on for longer than 3 weeks. Expect to be mad, sad, glad, pissed off, insane, drunk and every other emotion or state possible.

She is a liar.

She is a drug addict.

She is cheating on you.

She cannot be trusted. Ever.

You are very very lucky that this will cost you a ring and some head scratching. You are lucky that you're not married and going to lose half your stuff.

Listen to the guys here about getting the vehicle back. You have it on record (text message is better than a voice call) that you want your car back by _____ or you ar reporting it stolen.

Do you have a mutual friend? Give her stuff to them. Do not take it to work, as you do not want to ruin her. She will do that by herself. Do not try to take revenge. It is not necessary. She has screwed herself more than you ever can.

Been there, done that, got the divorce papers...
Old 09-25-2008, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebrewhomeboy View Post
I've spent over 6 thousand dollars flying her out to Hawaii, moving her and her stuff out here. I've helped her pay off debts, and I was in the process of helping her fix her credit. I gave her a wonderful life full of love and support. I clothed her, I fed her, I gave her shelter. I never judged her for her past....
That's rough, and I hope you can put it all in the rearview as soon as possible.

Although....

[Dr. Phil] You probably don't want to hear it, but it kinda sounds like you are co-dependent (you need her to need you), and a classic "enabler". You might attract these damsels in distress without even knowing it. Lots of guys have some subconscious need to be the knight in shining armor and rescue these needy, effed-up women. Just don't be that guy next time. When you are ready to jump back in, seek out someone with her own career, goals, $$$, house, car, etc. A relationship should be a two-way street (unless you like to live in resentment-ville). [/Dr. Phil]
Old 09-25-2008, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)
Banned

Garage
+1 on red-beard's post

you are lucky -- she got her trip to HI and does not need you now...

she will need you later - don't be there
Old 09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)
Registered ConfUser

Why is the ring even a consideration? In the scheme of this f'd up situation, it's metal and rock. Throw it away (or let her keep it). Same thing.

Move on.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)
UnRegistered User

Garage
Man, that sucks!
Some good advice here....
The most important thing is DON'T LOOK BACK!
Sorry for yelling.
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
rescue is not an option
Old 09-25-2008, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)
Double Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostatic View Post
I have to admit that I've considered open carry when I show up there from time to time just so they don't get any ideas.
Todd that is a REAL BAD IDEA. You're smarter than that.

75 914 1.8
07 Dodge Caravan
Old 09-25-2008, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)
Used User

Sorry about the ring comment I made. I guess it sounded materialistic. But, if the thing shows up in a pawn and it's got any value, I'd use that to offset some of the 6K wasted on this bieotch. I guess it's a sort of vindication (for lack of a better word at the moment). She's gonna throw it away for a few hits on the pipe.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Thread Killer

Sue her on Judge Judy to get the ring back.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Oh well man, what you gonna do.
Before I met my wife I dated nothing but waitresses and strippers. Lots of drugs.
I know your ex was neither of those, but you know what man, it happens. Sometimes you get a bad egg. No big deal.

There will be a time when you think you can fix her, or even wait until she fixes herself and comes back. That's not going to happen.

I still think of some of the girls I knew now and then, but you know what? Your better off finding this out now instead of later.

Move on, your pride is hurt, more than your heart. You thought you had a good one, you were wrong. There are worse things in life.

You'll find a new and better girl soon. You may look back and wonder how she turned out every now and then, but the most important thing is what's good for you.

You'll be alright man.

She will be gone, but not forgotten. You probably deserve a girl better than that, let a man less than you have her.

Last edited by dipso; 09-25-2008 at 06:07 PM..
Old 09-25-2008, 06:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: