Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Variable Turbo Specialist
 
No_Lag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 63
Garage
Absolutely.

The system is designed to be used on anything from stock to heavily modified. While our development car was stock, we have several conversions out there right now that are on 3.4L EFI engines and such. We have heard nothing but good feedback so far and are eagerly awaiting some dyno results form the various different builds.

Of course one thing to consider is that with a conversion as responsive as this, one does not necessarily need 500hp to achieve the sheer acceleration and seat-of-the-pants power delivery they may desire, though everyone's goals are different.
__________________
Collin@aerocharger.com
Research & Development
The World's Fastest Spooling Turbochargers
www.AEROCHARGER.com
Old 04-08-2011, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Registered User
 
CaptainCalf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lithia, FL
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Lag View Post
Absolutely.

The system is designed to be used on anything from stock to heavily modified. While our development car was stock, we have several conversions out there right now that are on 3.4L EFI engines and such. We have heard nothing but good feedback so far and are eagerly awaiting some dyno results form the various different builds.

Of course one thing to consider is that with a conversion as responsive as this, one does not necessarily need 500hp to achieve the sheer acceleration and seat-of-the-pants power delivery they may desire, though everyone's goals are different.
Nice, did u sell used cars in another life? LOL!, just kidding, sounds like it is the perfect street turbo.

Thanks for all your hard work and pls keep the results coming,
RC
__________________
FS 1987 930 DTAFast EFI w/Electronic Dash, 17x9x11" Lindsey Racing Fuchs, Andial 8.39 R&P, C2 Intake, SuperCup Cams, Flame Ringed Heads & Cylinders, TurboKraft Full Bay Intercooler, RearlyL8 Twin Scroll Headers, Big Bullseye Twin Scroll Turbo...SOLD
1999 Harley Davidson Custom 1250 Hardtail Bobber..SOLD
2014 BMW X6M, 2012 BMW 128i, 2014 GMC Sierra, 2015 Cobia 237 Center Console 300hp Yamaha
Old 04-08-2011, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Manassas, VA
 
lucittm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,211
Garage
I don't like the idea of this one bit. I am going to pull alongside a 1976 Turbo for an impromptu drag race and get blown off the side of the road.

Nope, not one bit.

Mark
__________________
1991 964 Polar Silver Metallic Turbo Coupe
Old 04-08-2011, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 235
Colin, the exhaust appears to exit from the right side only. I take it that for cars which currently run a left out will have to snip the valance? Can you do a left only or duals?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Variable Turbo Specialist
 
No_Lag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 63
Garage
We chose to exit from the right side only as it is by far proved to provide the best performance. We had originally developed a dual exhaust system but due to it's complexity and cost we decided not to produce it. I realize that this may not make some of you happy, but the idea behind this conversion is to achieve maximum performance without making any sacrifices for aesthetics. While the right-side-only exhaust may not put a smile on everyone's face, the performance will every time.
__________________
Collin@aerocharger.com
Research & Development
The World's Fastest Spooling Turbochargers
www.AEROCHARGER.com
Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Lag View Post
We chose to exit from the right side only as it is by far proved to provide the best performance. We had originally developed a dual exhaust system but due to it's complexity and cost we decided not to produce it. I realize that this may not make some of you happy, but the idea behind this conversion is to achieve maximum performance without making any sacrifices for aesthetics. While the right-side-only exhaust may not put a smile on everyone's face, the performance will every time.
Understood Colin. When I add up the cost of headers, muffler, fast spool turbo etc, the benefits of variable vane for not much more is a no brainer. One more question on fitment, can you make the right side exit drop under the valance. Thinking about those who may want to retofit the stock stuff back on at a later date and dont want to cut the valance. I'll PM you separately about shipping etc, I am in Australia.

Also, I have a 996TT, any plans to do bolt on variable vane kits for them?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
Max Sluiter
 
Flieger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: So Cal
Posts: 19,572
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by b930 View Post
Also, I have a 996TT, any plans to do bolt on variable vane kits for them?
Trade it in for a 997 Turbo (or GT2).
__________________
911S
1971 chassis, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 04-26-2011, 10:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
Trade it in for a 997 Turbo (or GT2).
not for how much they cost down here.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Variable Turbo Specialist
 
No_Lag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 63
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by b930 View Post
Understood Colin. When I add up the cost of headers, muffler, fast spool turbo etc, the benefits of variable vane for not much more is a no brainer. One more question on fitment, can you make the right side exit drop under the valance. Thinking about those who may want to retofit the stock stuff back on at a later date and dont want to cut the valance. I'll PM you separately about shipping etc, I am in Australia.

Also, I have a 996TT, any plans to do bolt on variable vane kits for them?
We could possibly put together a muffler for you that would preserve your bumper. I have considered making a simple dump tube for the exhaust to really give them the 934 look but have been so busy that I haven't gotten a chance to test the it. My guess will be that it will be loud but having the vanes within the turbine housing help to quiet the exhaust note significantly.

As for the 996TT there is a strong possibility that our friends at IMA Motorsport will be doing something for the twins in the near future as they already have a system for 996 GT3s.
__________________
Collin@aerocharger.com
Research & Development
The World's Fastest Spooling Turbochargers
www.AEROCHARGER.com
Old 04-27-2011, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Registered User
 
esotoracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Caracas Venezuela, Miami Florida
Posts: 764
ANything new here? Like the 3.4L high HP dyno numbers or the dump pipe ? Intrested for a racing application and wondering what the dyno chart would look with 1.2 bar on a stock motor with adequate fueling
__________________
theres nothing like the rear end squatdown of a turbo
Old 11-11-2011, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Variable Turbo Specialist
 
No_Lag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 63
Garage
Nothing new aside from we have finally finished moving into our new larger facility. I wish I could give you guys some customer dyno charts or videos but it's proven to be a bit of a task to nail these guys down and provide some feedback. Those who were part of the first round of these conversion systems were spread all over the world to make things more difficult but we do still have plans to put a few of our own videos together locally. Right now it's all hands on deck for our winter applications.
__________________
Collin@aerocharger.com
Research & Development
The World's Fastest Spooling Turbochargers
www.AEROCHARGER.com
Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:27 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.