Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbus View Post
Nice wabbit. Did you shop around for light weight mounts? Which part number are those sabelts you chose? I need to get something for my Tillets and hopefully something light too.
Yes, I compared prices. I choosed Sabelt because I most like the design of all I found. Black anodized and not as heavy looking as the alu Recaros They are expensive as all like Recaro etc... (about 175 USD for one seat), but I did not wanted a no name cheap one, as I doubt the quality (especially when it comes to aluminum)

The part number is Z200005F and they are FIA approved

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list

Last edited by proffighter; 04-17-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Old 04-17-2013, 10:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #181 (permalink)

Garage
Visit at the body shop today

A few pics of the present status. Reinforcements, sway bar and fuel pump brackets fitted.
One side of rain gutter shaved now, not finished yet. Bigger bracket for passenger floor board, as the rennlines aren't that stable. TB holes in rear fender closed and a bar welded to the fender to reduce fender movement

Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #182 (permalink)

Garage
No updates, at least to show so far, but I was one week off for snowboarding with my best ever girlfriend

Old 05-09-2013, 01:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #183 (permalink)

Hey Roland...are these pictures from St. Moritz, Zermat or the glacier in Austria near St. Moritz...?? My mom is from Thalvile (sp)...I went skiing at these places yrs ago...I hope to return some day...just breathtaking beauty up there...hope you had a good time...Bob
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #184 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 tweaks View Post
Hey Roland...are these pictures from St. Moritz, Zermat or the glacier in Austria near St. Moritz...?? My mom is from Thalvile (sp)...I went skiing at these places yrs ago...I hope to return some day...just breathtaking beauty up there...hope you had a good time...Bob
Hi Bob

It was on the glacier of Kitzsteinhorn Kaprun/Austria

Yes, we had a very nice time. We went there for the 6th time and for sure not the last!

Do you mean Thalwil near Zurich? If so it's only a few km's away from my home!

Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #185 (permalink)

Hey Roland...cool you were on the glacier...I remember it being surreal when I skied on it as it was a giant slab of ice w/ no snow beyond it...I think that winter...1980 I believe...there was little snow in that area...
Yes you spelt it correctly...thx for that...she lived near the lake...
Nice work on your car here...When I travel to Switzerland, I will email/pm you before as I would enjoy meeting you, seeing your car & workshop too...!!
Thx, Bob
Old 05-09-2013, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #186 (permalink)

Garage
Injury

Unfortunatly I pulled apart my lower biceps fibre completly when lifted a box a week ago (was not heavy at all). Had surgery on friday and now a cast for at least four weeks. Then another two months of physiotherapy until I can use the arm as before. The good are that it will be like new after recovery

So I can't do a lot for the next few weeks, as I have only one useful arm for a while, let's see...

Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #187 (permalink)

wow Roland...I feel your pain & I am sorry to read this...it must of been a bad injury to of had the surgery right away but a good thing so you can start the healing process now rather than latter...
I wish you all the best luck with your recovery & that it be speedy so you can resume your project asap...
Take care...Bob :-)
Old 05-20-2013, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #188 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
get well soon!

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 05-20-2013, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #189 (permalink)
Turbofrog

Yep, get well soon.
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38
Old 05-20-2013, 10:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #190 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Maybe I can do some more anodizing soon...

Old 05-21-2013, 01:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #191 (permalink)

Garage
received lug nuts. I know, a little bling bling, but had not much choice, as I have conus seat rims. Maybe I cut them anyway a bit and re-anodize in flat black

Further I finished the throttle linkage I drilled. Black parts are selfmade as usual

Old 05-23-2013, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #192 (permalink)

Garage
Some little progress

While I am still not allowed to use my right arm, body shop sent some more pics

Old 06-06-2013, 11:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #193 (permalink)

Garage
more to see. One side is primered, the other just before. Painter will leave drying at least one week primered before going ahead

And it looks so sweet without rain gutter

Old 06-13-2013, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #194 (permalink)
Turbofrog

Looks backdated with the smooth top and I like it.
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38
Old 06-13-2013, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #195 (permalink)

Nice!

Starting to look like a car again!
Old 06-13-2013, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #196 (permalink)

Garage
While I am still not able to do some serious handiwork, I am looking for some ideas what else to improve. I saw those aluminum door hinges years before and think about them sometimes... But they seem to be a bit overpriced in my eyes:

A pair is 95USD at GT, so 380USD for two doors!

Does anyone used them? Are they good or weak in some way?

Thanks for sharing your thougts

Old 06-18-2013, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #197 (permalink)

Garage
Hmmm no one? Ok, I'll buy them anyway

@Chris of Turbokraft, are you reading too? Sent you a mail a while ago...

Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #198 (permalink)

Garage
Part needed

please check my post:

WTB 930 Turbo heat protection

Old 06-28-2013, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #199 (permalink)

Garage
Transmission beam 3rd generation

On the search for improvement, I started to made a new beam once more. The first I made was just stock with a few wholes drilled and instead of rubber mounts I welded in shims. Lightweight and stiff it was, but lot more noisy tranny and vibrations:

So I made the 2nd one out of a steel profile and fitted Wevo rear engine mounts. Also I set the engine 10mm lower. On this I used a 9mm spacer between tranny and beam to get enough room for throttle rubber block:

Now I wanted to make one out of aluminum. I spent a lot of time to find a profile, which offers the base dimension I need. Finally I found a squared one with beefed middle section. As I am no engineer, I just compared strenght of the my steel beam material with the aluminum specs, which is pretty the half and trippled the dimension almost: 3.5mm to 9mm plus beefier lower section. Further I decreased the weight saving drilles from 75mm to 53mm:

Sides cut in an angle of 45, lower 60mm (40mm left) cutt-off and drilled for mounts and some weight saving:

Last edited by proffighter; 07-15-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #200 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: