Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Author of "101 Projects"

959 Project: A/C & Heater Troubleshooting... (10-25-07)

Hi all. I was able to do some more work on the 959 today. Since yesterday's drive was unbearable due to the heat on full blast, I decided to tackle the problem today. The factory manual states that if any of the 3 temperature sensors are disconnected, then the heater will go to full blast with no method to turn it off (I guess that's a warning). If one of the sensors shorts out, then it goes to full cold. So, I took the thing apart today, and tested all of the temp sensors, and they all tested fine. Then I went to the fuse box and tested the heater valve coil located in the engine compartment - that tested fine too, although it wasn't getting power like it should be, which indicates that the control unit wasn't sending the right signals. So, my conclusion was that the control unit was faulty.

Usually with older electronics like these, the big problem is what is called a cold solder joint. I talk about this in my DME repair article: http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticles/E36-DME-Repair/E36-DME-Repair.htm The solution is to reflow the solder. Well, on this particular unit, that's very difficult, and it looks like someone already tried to repair the unit that way anyways (which is always a bad sign). Basically the insides of this thing look awful (see pics below). So, what I'm going to try to do instead is adapt a 944 AC control unit to work in this car (if an original 959 is not available from the factory). The control units look exactly the same on the front and back - I think the main difference is the outer case of the unit. I would be surprised if Hella made a special unit just for the 959 - seems unlikely. Also, all of the sensors seem to carry over from the 928 & 944 cars. Makes sense that it would be the same unit - they seemed to have used it on the 944 up through the 968 cars, and including the 928. So, there's hope in case an original one is not available.

Here's the photos from today...

First shot is a daily 959 shot. Looks nice huh?

Here I am using four small screwdrivers in lieu of the radio removal tool (coming tomorrow). When I inserted the screwdrivers and pushed on the rear of the unit with my hand, it simply popped out.

Here I am pulling the unit out. It says in big letters "code protected", and I certainly don't have the code, and don't want to have to chase down a code for a 20-year old stereo, so I left it plugged in. Weird though, as I have disconnected the battery for several days, and it didn't ask me for a code. Still, I'm not going to temp fate - maybe there is a switch built into the connector that activates the "code required" feature. Actually, that would make a lot of sense, as disconnecting the battery for service is pretty common. Although as a theif, I guess you would just cut the harness. Oh well, who knows...

Front of the radio. This was standard equipment on the 959. Lots of buttons on the front, I'm not sure what many of them mean (ARI, CPS?, M, U?). I would love to get a manual for this, anyone know of where someone might have one? Maybe downloadable on the net? I'll have to check...

Here's the side of the radio, that looks like a 911 part number there.

The top with a bunch of information, most of it in German, of course...

In the center of this photo is the screw you need to get to in order to remove the AC control unit. I think the outer housing is what makes this unit unique to the 959. Hopefully a plain vanilla 944 control unit will work.

Prying off the plate. I'd hate to snap this - I used a lot of caution, as I always do tugging on things on this car...

101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Here's the AC control unit with the face removed. Two screws, and it can be lifted out.

I removed this small plastic piece in order to make it easier to slide out the control unit. I didn't want it to get scratched.

Here's the unit removed. It's a bit more complicated than I expected it to be. Let's hope the insides look a bit simpler. After all, it's just a switch that takes in 3-4 temp sensors, and controls a few valves and relays, right?

Here's the back where the three harnesses connect to. Note the 959 part number which bodes poorly for availability.

Hmm, this doesn't look factory. Looks like someone has been in here before and marked the harnesses with some type of white marker.

Okay, time to check the temp sensors. All three read the same value, which was on par for room temperature. When I started and ran the car, the values went up as the car got hotter. All three seem to be working well, which is disappointing, as they would be easy to replace.

The other end of the multimeter goes into the electrical harness to check the resistance. The factory manuals tell me which pins to check. The 959 manual, suprisingly, is very well written with lots of detailed information on how to troubleshoot most of the stuff on the car. Since this is similar to identical to the 944/968/928 climate control unit, I will check my other manuals tomorrow to see if there is any more additional information I can glean on the system.

HA HA. Jeepers, This is a mess and looks complicated. The factory workshop manual told me to remove harness "R" and check pins 12 and 13 for voltage and resistance of the heater coil (harness "R" is on the right - the black/pink one that is disconnected). Note the crappy alarm system wiring on the left - we'll have to deconstruct that one day in the future, but first things first. That cable hanging down in the middle is the antenna cable from the radio. The harness checked out with the proper resistance values for the coil in the water valve, so that means the wiring is good and it's connected. It did not check out for power to the coil, which means most like a problem with the control unit.

Back at home, here is my control unit on my workbench. Crap, this thing looks complicated.

Prying off the clear plastic lid takes patience - you don't want to damage this thing, as it's likely that it's unavailable. Unfortunately, there are signs that it's already been opened (bad sign).

Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Whoops, definite deer tracks here. See the bottom of the knob? it's indented where someone already pried it off with a small screwdriver. Crap, that means that either someone tried to fix it already and screwed it up, or it's been broken before, and someone tried to fix it and couldn't. This doesn't bode well for a repair of this particular unit. Time to start shopping for a replacement.

Testing the continuity of the pins. This one controls the heater valve. Unfortunately, the way this unit is constructed, you almost have to desolder and destroy the thing in order to get it open to test. Also, it looks like someone tried to reflow all the solder, and created a huge mess. Some of the traces are lifted, and one of the transistors is damaged because someone nicked it with a soldering iron. Seems unlikely that I will be able to fix this.

Here is that nicked transistor. Man, I hate this new camera for close-up shots. Far away, outdoors shots, the thing is great, but indoors, and closeup, it sucks eggs.

Here's a photo of a broken clear plastic tab, more evidence of a sloppy attempt at a repair.

I thought that maybe this relay was bad, so I checked it out extensively by applying a 9V battery to it. Checked out okay, and it only seems to control the blower motor, which works fine (tested the continuity of the relay and traced it back to the blower motor switch).

Old 10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Well, the good news is that (as someone else suggested on an earlier thread) the 944/928/968 AC control units seem to be *exactly* the same as this one used in the 959. There is hope. The mounting case seems different, which would be sweet if I could just swap the cases. Tomorrow, I will dig out the 944/928/968 factory workshop manuals and/or electrical diagrams, and I will compare the pinouts from the 944 unit to the pinouts on the 959 unit. You'd hate to make a mistake and fry something in the car. I'm suspecting that they are the same though. At the very least, perhaps a 944 unit can be used to repair this one.

Here's a photo of the front and back of the 944 unit, it looks exactly the same to the one that I have, with the exception of the mounting case:

As luck would have it, here's one on eBay (please don't bid against me):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220163019353&rd=1

I'm away for SEMA next week, so I'm hoping that I can get a few of these (the original 959 one if possible, a used 944 one, or maybe a new 944 unit) and compare them on the bench. This gives me hope that I can get this fixed, it would really bug me if the control unit was unavailable and non-repairable. I'm actually thinking that the 959 unit is probably no longer available, as why would someone already have gone into this unit and tried to repair it. List price on the 959 unit is about $1100, which while expensive, is less than the price of the 964 unit ($1700), and a little more than the 944 unit ($800). It's difficult to think that a mechanic at a shop would try to repair this unit instead of buying a new one if it were available. Of course, here I am trying to repair it, but that's just part of the fun - regular mechanics just don't do that normally.

Cheers - I'm out of town all next week at SEMA and Daytona, so there probably won't be any updates for a while, unless I can get some more work done tomorrow...

-Wayne
Old 10-25-2007, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
web geek

Garage
Send a message via AIM to emptyo Send a message via Yahoo to emptyo
Man, I don't know what to say. That top shot is amazing. My dream car forever. I haven't ever even seen one in person!

Follow Rennch on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rennch_app/
Old 10-25-2007, 11:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
"O"man(are we in trouble)

Never thought heater controls were so exciting. That pix of wiring harnesses is amazing, I could screw that up very quickly.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Deplorable Member

Garage
Wayne, I have a used late 944 heater/air control unit you're welcome to - I'm happy to donate to the cause. The plastic pieces/housing is a bit beaten up but the internal circuitry should be fine. Let me know if you want it. Works fine - it came out of my 951. I replaced it with a "fresher" unit with nicer-looking plastic pieces and buttons that weren't worn out and kept this one as a spare. . .

"Honor Animus Vis Equorum"
Starve all trolls - do not quote or respond to them!

Last edited by Porsche-O-Phile; 10-26-2007 at 03:23 AM..
Old 10-26-2007, 03:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Not sure about the rest of the radio nomenclature, but ARI stands for Automatic Radio Information. It was a European deal in the 80's where radio stations could broadcast traffic information on a separate signal and 'break in' to your normal listening enjoyment. There was a seperate volume adjustment on my '84 Blaupunkt Aspen, which had this feature, so you wouldn't miss the info if you had the volume turned down on the radio.

Just trying to help out the cause! It sure is the ultimate 911 and a dream car for most of us.
Keep up the good work.
82 SC Targa SCWDP #0023
82 928
67 912 60 T-5 B Cabrio
Old 10-26-2007, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
ARI - automatic radio information system it connects to a separate module that could recieve loacl radio traffic reports, never used it , don't know if it's still viable.

U - FM 87.5 - 108MHZ
M - AM 520 -1605 kHz
L - long wave 150 - 285 kHz i think we call it short wave overhere
Old 10-26-2007, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Wayne, perhaps a call to Loren (don't mention Chips!) or John at Otto's would be a good idea-- they can either diagnose and repair the unit or source a replacement, and might be helpful in determining whether the circuits are the same, i.e. whether the resistance values the 959 senders output are the same as those from the other cars.

It's too bad we can't call the factory and ask. . .
'66 911 #304065 Irischgruen
Ex-'71 911 PCA C-Stock Club Racer #806 (Sold 5/15/13)
Ex-'88 Carrera (Sold 3/29/02)
Ex-'91 Carrera 2 Cabriolet (Sold 8/20/04)
Old 10-26-2007, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
King Broinyo

Buy a Fluke. That mutimeter could be half of your problem.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

agree with that... radio shack stuff is the absolute worst.

i have a $3 harbor freight digital multi tester that works much better than a $50 auto ranging radio shack unit.

home depot multi testers may be the best quality for the $.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Wayne,

you can download the manual for your radio here

http://911manuals.com/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/201185

Cheers,
n.
_
http://nicolashunziker.com
Old 10-26-2007, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Garage
Wayne, as usual a teriffic writeup of your car issues. Thanks for the labor of love.

I don't know if you know about Bojo tools, but they make pry tools out of nylon reinforced plastic that are a godsend when working in the dashboard.

I got mine from Aircraft Spruce, no affiliation, for about 20 bucks and I know I have saved that money many times over.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/bojo.php

Old 10-26-2007, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_cramer View Post
Wayne, perhaps a call to Loren. . .
Loren refuses to speak to me, or return my emails, since I gave him a 3-day "timeout" on the BBS about 3 years ago.

-Wayne
Old 10-26-2007, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostril Cheese View Post
Buy a Fluke. That mutimeter could be half of your problem.
It's true, a high-quality multimeter is something that I am missing from my collection - but I've never really had any problems with these. I do have a lab-quality Techtronics unit, but it's too big and requires you to plug it in...

-Wayne
Old 10-26-2007, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
On the close up shots/camera front - if it's a sony or other similar brand, try turning on the macro mode for close up shots - should be represented by a little "flower" icon on the button to activate it. A similar "flower" icon should appear on the display letting you know you are now in that macro mode. Hope this helps. Been following these 959 threads. Great stuff!!!

My current stable: 1991 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, 1992 Mazda Miata, 2004 Lexus RX 330, 1994 F150 4x4 Supercab
Also rans: 1977 Carrera 3.0 (traded for C4 Cab.), 1983 944 (project car - sold)
Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Here is the exif data from one of his pics...
You're right, he's using a sony DSC-R1
DSC usually stands for digital single capture.

I just right click an image right here in the browser and select opanda iexif which is a free program from the internet and it shows the exif data... then I copy/pasted it here.

Image Description 010E A
Make SONY 010F A
Model DSC-R1 0110 A
Orientation top/left 0112 S
X Resolution 72 011A R
Y Resolution 72 011B R
Resolution Unit inch 0128 S
Date Time 2007-10-24 20:34:18 0132 A
YCbCr Positioning co-sited 0213 S
Exif IFD Pointer Offset: 334 8769 L
PrintIM Data 106 Byte C4A5 U

Camera

Exposure Time 1/80" 829A R
F Number F3.5 829D R
Exposure Program Normal program 8822 S
ISO Speed Ratings 160 8827 S
Exif Version 0221 9000 U
Date Time Original 2007-10-24 20:34:18 9003 A
Date Time Digitized 2007-10-24 20:34:18 9004 A
Components Configuration YCbCr 9101 U
Compressed Bits Per Pixel 8 9102 R
Exposure Bias Value 0EV 9204 SR
Max Aperture Value F2.77 9205 R
Metering Mode Pattern 9207 S
Light Source unknown 9208 S
Flash Flash fired, compulsory flash mode, return light detected 9209 S
Focal Length 25.2mm 920A R
Maker Note 1784 Byte 927C U
Flashpix Version 0100 A000 U
Color Space sRGB A001 S
Exif Image Width 3888 A002 L
Exif Image Height 2592 A003 L
Interoperability IFD Pointer Offset: 2572 A005 L
File Source DSC A300 U
Scene Type A directly photographed image A301 U
Custom Rendered Normal process A401 S
Exposure Mode Auto exposure A402 S
White Balance Auto white balance A403 S
Scene Capture Type Normal A406 S
Contrast Normal A408 S
Saturation Normal A409 S
Sharpness Normal A40A S

Interoperability

Interoperability Index R98 0001 A
Interoperability Version 0100 0002 U

Thumbnail

Compression JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail) 0103 S
Make SONY 010F A
Model DSC-R1 0110 A
Orientation top/left 0112 S
X Resolution 72 011A R
Y Resolution 72 011B R
Resolution Unit inch 0128 S
Date Time 2007-10-24 20:34:18 0132 A
JPEG Interchange Format Offset: 2778 0201 L
JPEG Interchange Format Length Length: 12660 0202 L

Thumbnail
160 x 120

Maker Note

2000 00 2000 U
9001 01 EB 70 00 00 01 00 D7 00 A6 00 00 00 EF 2B 71 00 EF 2B 71 00 7D 5B 00 00 00 00 CF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 CF 00 02 DA 06 FF 00 00 D8 00 00 4C B2 6C AC 00 5D BA 0F 04 7B CD F5 FF AD FF B9 00 00 00 A1 BE 18 88 A5 70 00 BE 73 88 56 70 00 30 70 00 00 00 DC 00 47 00 EC 00 00 05 A9 00 00 5E 67 00 00 E7 3E 00 00 03 A3 88 A5 BE 18 70 00 00 A1 7D 7D 0E 00 08 FB 00 00 B6 85 00 C4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 9001 U
9002 01 0E 88 6A 00 0E 00 0E 8A B6 00 00 69 5C D3 5C 81 3B 81 3B BB 81 BB 81 69 5C CD 8F 8A B6 92 36 D7 31 00 00 00 00 BB 80 81 C4 00 00 00 00 7D 5E 00 00 00 00 00 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 7D 52 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 92 01 60 08 7D 00 81 88 5E 00 0E 04 00 00 00 00 00 D8 4A 4A 00 00 32 00 4A 6A BB BB 00 00 9002 U
9003 01 DC 73 46 00 A1 00 75 00 8B 00 8B 00 01 00 01 00 01 00 01 01 A1 01 00 01 03 01 00 01 00 01 00 01 00 3E ED 6F 89 B1 74 93 93 BD BD BD BD BD BD 00 00 92 BA CD D3 92 AC CD 81 8A 1E 30 56 8A A1 30 D7 FF EA 01 9F 00 93 4B F4 3E 54 93 90 1B 8A 32 81 F1 00 AD 00 E3 00 83 00 92 B6 44 FE 36 00 56 00 00 00 1A 8A 2A 00 C5 00 00 00 B8 FD CF 69 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 BD BD BD 00 4E 91 62 91 96 23 96 23 62 91 EA F2 27 27 ED 01 4D 00 00 BA F6 CB C2 23 E3 AC D0 33 13 E0 38 E0 38 96 23 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 CD 58 5E 00 08 C5 15 BF 3E 01 70 BD BD BD BD BD 69 0E 7D 00 7D DC DC BC 5F 10 9003 U
9004 01 01 08 00 08 00 08 00 08 00 08 01 08 01 08 01 08 01 08 01 08 01 08 01 08 01 08 23 08 A0 01 C7 00 39 00 61 7D 9A B6 D8 B6 EC 00 00 00 01 08 4F B6 EC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 AC EA 5F 00 C4 00 40 00 00 00 05 B7 63 00 EA EE C3 00 5E 01 E0 00 05 D0 E2 00 05 B7 63 00 EA EE C3 00 5E 01 E0 00 05 D0 E2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 00 9004 U
9005 01 01 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 D8 00 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 D8 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 40 00 40 00 40 00 00 88 20 20 30 88 B6 EA EA EA 05 8A 56 56 70 92 40 20 87 01 00 00 00 05 FF FF 00 FF 00 00 00 00 3E 00 00 00 92 88 00 00 6C FF 00 00 CD 3E 92 3F 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 9005 U
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
9007 01 00 A0 B8 5D E9 5D 34 BE 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 5D 31 5C 5B 39 42 07 78 39 90 2F FD 95 14 EC 43 00 A3 5D 4C 51 FC A0 10 88 DB 00 00 00 00 00 00 51 19 D3 DD D3 11 D3 AC 51 B7 6C BC 0C 99 BB 4E 00 00 00 00 E7 36 E7 64 EA A9 1B 48 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 1C EA 3E 70 48 69 92 70 82 56 A0 0E 75 D8 01 00 A3 56 A1 04 20 04 20 08 FA 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 59 EA 9F 05 C7 05 46 EA F1 E7 07 D8 A8 7D 56 00 00 00 00 20 12 20 12 20 12 56 C4 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 12 20 12 20 12 20 12 20 12 20 12 20 75 70 9E 00 A3 D7 DD 81 A4 BB 55 92 E4 00 00 00 00 00 00 81 91 81 A4 81 2A 81 3B BB 6C BB 6E BB E1 BB 80 00 00 00 00 9007 U
9008 01 00 00 00 00 9B 29 70 00 72 6C 6C 00 82 9F A9 00 9B 15 38 00 08 CC 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 9B 99 BD 00 72 CB 15 00 82 25 CC 00 9B 25 8F 00 08 55 FA 00 14 AE F6 00 83 65 27 00 62 B6 85 00 14 AE 75 00 01 1E 91 00 14 AE F6 00 83 65 27 00 62 B6 85 00 14 AE 75 00 01 1E 91 B6 CB EA 72 0E 8B B6 CB D7 65 88 77 E7 BD D7 75 A0 71 92 17 EA EB A0 8D B6 04 05 82 D8 2E 70 F9 81 C6 69 43 EA 60 81 AA D8 88 7D 2F 08 4D 7D FB E7 E1 5E 7C 40 DC E7 86 E2 49 4C AB 69 1B E2 9F 5D 57 D3 55 05 61 5D 4E E7 8F 04 7E 40 9D E7 C0 A0 B1 0C AC CD 7F A0 7B 4F 7B 8E 39 6C FB 4F 5B 9008 U
B020 Standard B020 A
B040 1 B040 S
B041 6 B041 S
B042 2 B042 S
B043 0 B043 S
B044 1 B044 S
B045 0 B045 S
B046 0 B046 S
B047 1 B047 S
B048 0 B048 SS
B049 0 B049 S
B04A 0 B04A S
B04B 0 B04B S
B04C 1/1 B04C R
B04D 0 B04D S
B04E 0 B04E S

No GPS (Global Positioning System) Information

GPS (Global Positioning System)

No IPTC / NAA (Digital Newsphoto Parameter Record) Information

IPTC / NAA (Digital Newsphoto Parameter Record)

Want to modify EXIF data of digital photo? Just download Opanda PowerExif now! As a best Exif editor for photographer/News Reporter/Photo Editor,It's a power Exif/IPTC data editor which freely add/modify/delete Exif/GPS/IPTC data. The software supports Exif 2.21 standard.

If you want to imitate some digital photo to reversal film looking or add frame and signature. Opanda DigitalFilm is the first selection. It can make the color effect of digital photo realistically simulate that of photographic reversal film such as Fujifilm Velvia and Kodak T-Max100.
It can make the image clear and vivid, and bring the image strong and perfectly clear colors, rich layers and details, as well as the reduction of noise points and color spots...

Of course, another Opanda software, Opanda PhotoFilter, is an excellent software worthy of recommend. It includes more 100 types filters in it, they are all kind of color photo filter about Kodak / Cokin / Hoya. It's easy to use.

Browse Exif / GPS / IPTC information of digital photo,
Click here and open the image file...

Opanda IExif 1.8 D1
Old 10-26-2007, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmx5 View Post
On the close up shots/camera front - if it's a sony or other similar brand, try turning on the macro mode for close up shots - should be represented by a little "flower" icon on the button to activate it. A similar "flower" icon should appear on the display letting you know you are now in that macro mode. Hope this helps. Been following these 959 threads. Great stuff!!!

Those were taken in macro mode - the problem is that the camera has such a big fixed lens, that it's minimum focal length is like 18 inches or so. I just need to use my other camera for these close up shots...

-Wayne
Old 10-26-2007, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
GAFB

Wayne, maybe this is a 'common' 959 problem? On the one that was at my mechanic's, it also needed a new a/c head. Only two data points you say? Hey, that's already 1% of the population . Take heart, as of '05, they were still available from PAG!!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: